Google Assistant was initially offered with the Pixel phones only and users of other Android smartphones and tablets were eagerly waiting for the software to arrive on their phone models. Google has confirmed that they are rolling out the software to all Android devices powered by Android 6.0 Marshmallow. However, the rollout is slow and many users are still waiting for the voice assistant program to reach their devices.
The below steps by dealers of wholesale tablets can help you enable Google Assistant on Android 6.0 powered devices without the need to root the tablet.
Enable Google Assistant via Beta Apps
- The first thing to do is to get the beta version of Google Play Services and Google App. To get this, go to Settings select Google, tap on the three-dot menu located on top right corner and then select Help & Feedback.
- In the Help page, tap on the three-dot menu and select View in Google Play Store. This will open the Play Store page of Google Play. Scroll down to tap on I’m In option under the Become A Beta Tester
- Select Join to start the beta signup process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
- After the beta signup is done, search for Google App and sign up for its beta version. Now wait for a few minutes and then open Play Store.
- Move to My Apps & Games area and navigate to the Beta tab, where you can see Google Play and Google Play Services. Make sure to update both of the services.
- After both the apps are updated, go to Settings, and then select Apps. From Apps, go to Google > Storage > Manage Space, and select Clear All Data.
- Go back and repeat the same for Google Play Services. After finishing the steps, open Google App and set the things up.
- Open the hamburger menu and select Settings. You can find the Google Assistant Settings Tap on it to pop-up the Google Assistant set up window. Select Continue, and press and hold the home button to kick start Google Assistant.
The Google Assistant will now be available on your Android tablet. You can ask the assistant to get news, set reminders, check weather, search online for information, or even play games.